The Abyss power is once again vacant, so the time has come to get your hands on the throne and its privileges. Use all of your cunning to win or buy votes in the Council. Recruit the most influential Lords and abuse their powers to take control of the most strategic territories. Finally, impose yourself as the only one able to rule the Abyssal people!
Abyss is a game of development, combination and collection in which players try to take control of strategic locations in an underwater city. To achieve this, players must develop on three levels: first by collecting allies, then using them to recruit Lords of the Abyss, who will then grant access to different parts of the city. Players acquire cards through a draft of sorts, and the Lords of the Abyss acquired on those cards grant special powers to the cardholder — but once you use the cards to acquire a location, that power is shut off, so players need to time their land grabs well in order to put themselves in the best position for when the game ends.
- 2015 Origins Awards Best Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Graf Ludo Best Family Game Graphics Winner
- 2015 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Nominee
- 2014 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Card Game Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Winner
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
- 2014 Board Game Quest Awards Best Production Values Winner
- 2014 Board Game Quest Awards Best Production Values Nominee